The Patrouille de France" was named by Jacques Noetinger, commentator of the Algiers meeting on May 17, 1953, who shouted to the audience "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Patrouille de France salutes you! ". The "Great Lady" had just been born. On September 14 of the same year, the General Staff ratified the name.
These four pilots were congratulated by Mr. René Pleven, Minister of National Defense and Armed Forces, after their demonstration at the Le Bourget air show.
The Patrouille de France was successively entrusted to the 2nd Wing of Dijon on the Ouragan, the first French fighter aircraft in 1954, then to the 12th Wing of Cambrai in 1955 and 1956 on the Ouragan and Mystère IVA, to the 4th Wing of Bremgarten (Germany) in 1956 on the Ouragan, to the 2nd Wing of Dijon from 1957 to 1961 on the Mystère IVA and, finally, to the 7th Wing of Nancy in 1962 and 1963, still on the Mystère IVA. In 1964, the Patrouille de France changed mounts once again and adopted the CM.170 Fouga Magister, which remained the flagship of the PAF for more than 15 years before being replaced in the early 1980s by the less mythical Dassault Alphajet.
Through its collection "Edition HERITAGE" Barnstormer wishes to pay tribute to all the men and all the machines which knew to carry high the colors of France... since 1953
We thank the Patrouille de France, the Air Force, the Official Collection.